FC Rubin head coach Kurban Berdyev shares his postmatch impressions after the 1-2 win over FC Zenit
- It was a very important three points. We had to work really hard to pick them up and we are pleased with today's result.
- Many young players played today. How would you assess their performance?
- I am grateful to God that our homegrown boys made their debuts and emerged victorious against the side who are deservedly top of the league now. In general, I'm satisfied with their performance. Abdullin would have played the entire match if he had not asked for a substitution. He was replaced by Stepanov who was nervous but came in quite well. I am also pleased with Sagitov's performance
- Baburin's appearance was quite a surprise...
- Not at all. If you look better than the other player, you will play. For instance, Bukharov had not been eligible for a long time and we opted for Sagitov who played well.
- Have you been keeping in mind that Baburin was familiar with Zenit's players?
- No, I haven't. As I was saying, he just looked very good in trainings. Really good. He is the better keeper at the moment
- Можно ли сказать, что вы как тренер переиграли своего ученика – Сергея Семака? Или всё решили ошибки игроков «Зенита»? Can we say that you as a master have beaten your disciple today? Or did they lose because of their own mistakes?
- Sergey Semak is quite a good coach. As I was saying he is the best young coach in Russia. They just need time and patience. Zenit are top of the league and it his credit. As I was saying at the very beginning of the season, Zenit would become champion with many points ahead
- Egor Sorokin scored a brace. How would you explain such a huge progress for the young player?
- He needs more stability in training. When he looks good, he will play and when he does not look well, he won't. He is in quite a good form now. We are glad that he progresses well, he thinks a lot now, he is good at positioning. Also, he is a good set-piece player which has been clear from the very beginning when he joined us. He is very good at attacking set-pieces, he has a kind of set-piece instinct, he knows where ball will fall, where he should run to get the rebound.