FC Rubin head coach Kurban Berdyev spoke to the press and media ahead of the Russian Premier League gameweek 9 home fixture against FC Krylia Sovetov Samara.
- Mr. Berdyev, would you share with updates regarding the injured players?
- Neither Tsallagov nor Chico will be available.
- FC Krylia Sovetov have conceded more than three goals in the last two league games. Is it going to have any impact?
- I don't think so. Games against FC Krylia Sovetov are always highly competitive. Every new game is a new story.
- Last season, FC Rubin struggle in terms of build-up play. How could you assess the offensive performance of the team after the first eight gameweeks in view of the newly-built midfield?
- I can see certain improvements in terms of the build-up play. More in the midfield and final third rather than in its initial phase. But there is still a big amount of work to be done.
- Samara are having six players in their squad who have played for FC Rubin before. Do you put emphasis on that?
- No, we don't, we have not talked about that
- How could you characterize the coaching style of Andrey Tikhonov. A year ago your team faced then in the Cup but they are having some new players now.
- Yes, they combine 5-4-1 and 5-3-2 using various formations and a team playing against them may have certain difficulties in terms of adapting to their formation combinations.
- What do you think of Igor Kalinin who has recently joined the team?
- It´s a promising player, hopefully, he will do well in terms of adaptation.
- There was in impression like Kalinin's transfer was a forced step for he had arrived at the team in August for a trial but not been approved at that moment.
- Actually, there were some tother things to settle at that moment. I prefer not to talk about that now.
- How does Cesar Navas feel for he didn't play against FC Khimki
- We gave him a break. I think, he will be fit for the upcoming fixture.
- How does Soslan Dzhanaev feel?
- There are certain improvements and hopefully he will be able to take part in traininings by the 20th October.
- You were not pleased with the team's performance against FC Arsenal saying that the team had not woken up until 0-2. Do you know the reason of that?
- Yes, we have talked to the guys. There were very some serious positioning mistakes, we were not able to clean up the rebounds. After the second everything changed radically, we won almost every ball, being more confident in attack the way we planned.
- Left and right fullbacks have been changed almost in every game lineup. Could we count on more stable situation in these zones?- We had counted on Tsallagov, but unfortunately he got injured. Kudryashov has not been available for a while either. So we didn't have a big number of players to choose from. Only Ustinov and Bayramyan were available.